RUN AWAY THE CHILL
Sunday FEBRUARY 11, 2024
Online registration closes February 9th at 11:59pm.
You may register in person at package pickup.
All Entry Packages Include:
- Custom Dead Cold Run Cotton Casual T (not guaranteed after January 22)
- Chip timing
- Official DeadCold finisher Medal
- Water Stations on course
- Great Finisher Foods!
Please note – We intentionally create our price structure so EVERY runner can get a low price early season.
The Dead Cold Run does not provide refunds or rollovers.
The Dead Cold Run will take place on Sunday February 11, 2024.
The event is based at Meewasin Park (2703 Spadina Crescent E). Start/Finish line is adjacent to the washroom facility.
Ample parking is available in the areas adjacent to the park. Follow the directions of our parking attendants.
Race package pickup will occur at TBC
on Saturday February 10 from 1-4pm.
DEAD COLD SCHEDULE
Sunday, February 11, 2024
9:00am- 9:45am Late package pickup
10:00am 21km Start
10:10am 10km Start
10:15am 5k Starts
10:20am Kids DeadCold FunRun
* timing may change based on attendance
You will receive notice early the week of the event on the status of the dead cold how to stay alive/warm!
*It is the athletes responsibility to know their course.
The Thick-Skinned 21k
From the start, athletes will head south along the Meewasin Trail to the 10km turnaround point (5km out – just prior to University Bridge). Return the same way and continue past the finishline. Heading north, athletes will follow the Meewasin Trail which will turn into the TransCanada Trail. Passing the Silverwood Golf Course, athletes will make their turnaround on the Chief Mistawasis Bridge. Return to the finish!
The Toasty 10km
The 10k athletes will start heading south to the turnaround point just prior to University Bridge. Return the same way to the finish.
The Frosty 5km
Head south along Meewasin Trail to the 2.5k turnaround point and return to the finish! Throw your hands in the air when crossing the finish line for that epic finish photo!
The Slippery 1k
– a quick 500m out and back course
Proceeds of this event will support the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundations Mending Little Hearts Fund of Saskatchewan and we want to thank you for helping us to raise maximum funds!
Their team of volunteers will be present from 8:30am – 10:30am at our event to accept on-site donations!
Anna Maton, Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator will bring Dr. Pockett out to the event who will talk about their future plans with money raised at events like ours.
Learn more:: https://pattisonchildrens.ca/.
All participants will receive a finisher’s medal upon completion.
There will be no age group awards.
- IT IS THE ATHLETES RESPONSIBLITY TO KNOW THEIR COURSE.
The course will be marked with flagging, signage and pylons. DO NOT expect volunteers at every intersection. Review your course map, run the route in advance, and add the route to your fitness app to keep you on course!
- Help the Environment! We are working towards cup-free events. We will have some cups available at each station, but please come prepared.
- Timing. If there are enough attendees to cover the event expenses, chip timing will be used to provide results. In case it’s not feasible, manual timing will be employed. The results will be accessible online within 24 hours after the event.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
For Legal and Liability reasons runners cannot offer their unused bib to any other runner unless they complete the event transfer.
If the In-Person event is cancelled due to events beyond the reasonable control, such as acts of God, acts of government, acts of wars, epidemics, quarantines, riots, fire, strikes or labour problems (including legal work stoppages or slowdowns), unavailability of communications or electrical power or other necessary utility services, governmental regulations superimposed after the fact and earthquakes, floods and other disasters, and other events of a similar nature (collectively, “Force Majeure Events”), Multisportscanada shall provide participants the following:
Event Cancellation announced on January 1 or earlier:
- 55% Deferral Discount into the following years event
Event Cancellation announced after January 20:
- 25% Deferral Discount into the following years event
True winter has actually set in (it’s been a while!). We want to ensure the safety of our athletes – AND our volunteers. While athletes can dress for the weather, and stay warm through racing – volunteers stand still! We have set out the following as a guideline.
- At temperatures of -20C (without the wind-chill), the events may be run at the Race Committee’s discretion, under a modified format (such as a shortened course or a modified start time). The Race Committee will consider the temperature trends, wind chill factors, and track conditions expected during the event before making their decision.
- At temperatures below -25C, the events will be cancelled, or may be run WITHOUT volunteer support.
- At any air temperature, any difficult weather conditions such as strong winds, high air humidity, heavy snow, or icy track conditions will result in the Race Committee consulting with the leaders of the participating teams to modify, postpone or cancel the event.
- A decision to cancel may be made prior to race day based on the forecast or snow conditions, or it may be made on race day based on current weather conditions and the forecast. Event updates and/or the final decision will be posted on our website and/or posted on the facebook page. We will do our best to notify participants via email as well.